Veterinary Technician- Emergency **$2,000 Sign-On Bonus**
Are you an experienced Veterinary Technician looking for a team that works together and loves to support each other? Do you enjoy seeing a variety of cases, virtually guaranteeing no two days are the same? Do you want an opportunity to utilize your full skill set while simultaneously learning new and advanced techniques?
Nashville Veterinary Specialists + Animal Emergency is searching for Veterinary Technicians to join our GROWING team!
WHY WORK WITH US?: Join a team of veterinary professionals you can easily build relationships with and feels like a family- we support and encourage each other and love to celebrate wins, big or small. We pride ourselves on a welcoming learning environment where team members feel safe to advance their skills and seek guidance from each other while practicing quality medicine and patient care.
Sign-On Bonus: Sign-On Bonus of $2,000 for experienced and qualified Veterinary Technicians which with be paid in two installments at 90 days and then at 6 months after hire.
Departments we currently have openings for:
- Emergency (ER)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Surgery (Anesthesia)
- Hospital Floater
- Have LVMT, CVT, LVT, RVT or VTS licensure
- Newly graduated Veterinary Technology students set to take VTNE are encouraged to apply!
- At least 1+ year(s) of veterinary hospital experience
- Have a reasonably in-depth understanding of veterinary medicine and basic disease processes
- Have broad technical abilities (Phlebotomy, catheterization, patient restraint, radiographs, in-house lab, pharmacology, medication/fluid/oxygen administration, etc.)
- This person needs to be very detail-oriented, perform well under stress, and thrive in a team-minded environment.
- Competitive salary
- Paid Time Off
- On-Site Veterinary Social Worker to help compassion fatigue and burnout for staff--Mental Health is a Priority!
- Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Short/long term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- State-of-the-art newly renovated and expanded hospital
- Discounted pet products & services for personal pets
- C.E. Allowance
- Penn Foster and VetBloom Sponsorship Program
- Licensure Renewal and Out of State Licensure Transfer Reimbursement
- Uniform allowance
- Cell phone discount
- YMCA corporate memberships
- Team building and volunteer events
- Career development
- Excellent opportunities for advancement and MORE!
Perks of Living in Nashville, AKA "Music City"!
- Unbeatable Music Scene: The city was built on its love for songwriting and country music, and it's home to some of the greatest venues in the country with plenty of other genres available.
- Outdoor Recreation: There are over 10,000 acres of easily accessible public land for outdoor activities such as kayaking, hiking, and camping.
- Nightlife: Nashville's nightlife is up to par with New Orleans, so whether you're looking to see some live music at a dive bar or prefer a more intimate lounge where you can enjoy a craft cocktail, there's something for everyone. We're talking sports bars, speakeasies, clubs, pubs, breweries, rooftop lounges, and taverns.
- Vibrant Restaurant Scene: If you love spicy food, barbecue, and southern fare, you'll be in heaven!
- Great Coffee Shops: Seattle might have the reputation as being the best coffee city in the United States, but Nashville gives them a run for their money. With tons of locally owned cafes and coffeehouses, you won't have to look far to find a good cup of Joe.
- Multiple Pro Sports Teams: The Nashville Predators made it to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2017, while the Tennessee Titans take the field each season at Nissan Stadium, which is just across the river near the downtown area. MLS just appeared in the city as well, with Nashville Soccer Club celebrating their first season in the top-tier league starting in 2020.
WHO ARE WE? NVS is a 24/7 veterinary specialty and emergency hospital. We are located in a recently expanded 24,000 square foot hospital with digital radiography, computed tomography (CT), on-site magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, endoscopy, access to an on-site commercial laboratory, and more. Our primary focus is to honor the human-animal bond in all we do, focusing on patient care, client experience, and the health of our team. We believe we can never stop improving and strive to improve in all we do. Not only do we focus on patient care, but core to our hospital culture is also a focus on the health of our team, our community, and the environment. We are committed to sustainable environmental practices. We have a comprehensive recycling and composting program as well as a 5,000-gallon rainwater collection system, roof-mounted photovoltaic solar panel system, skylights, and an energy recovery system for heating and air.
To APPLY and view the full job description please go to our website at: https://www.nashvillevetspecialists.com/careers-and-externships
Questions or want to learn more about our opportunities? Please email our recruiter Celine Moffett at firstname.lastname@example.org