Puget Sound Veterinary Specialty and Emergency (PSVSE) is a new specialty hospital in the heart of the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We are a progressive and inclusive practice, started with the vision of breaking the mold of veterinary medicine that is rife with burnout and compassion fatigue. Our core values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion, and Humility with the over-arching "Do The Right Thing" are the backbone and framework of how we practice medicine, care for ourselves, each other, our patients and their families. We prioritize quality of life and work-life balance to give time to enjoy everything the beautiful PNW has to offer.
Our technical and support staff are highly valued and cherished as critical members of the team, which is evident in our shared bonus structure that is provided to all support staff as the hospital grows. In addition to exemplary specialty and emergency medicine, we maintain a collaborative and collegial working environment that supports continued growth and learning in our hospital at all levels. We are looking for a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our growing Emergency and Critical Care team. The ideal candidate is compassionate, humble, and honest. You will utilize your skills and learn new and advanced techniques while working with a team that functions with a great deal of autonomy and responsibility. We pride ourselves on providing an environment where team members feel safe to learn and seek guidance from one another. At PSVSE, you will join a family of veterinary professionals that love to support and encourage each other.
• Minimum requirement of two years of clinical veterinary experience (ER or ECC preferred)
• High school diploma or GED required
• Completion of an accredited veterinary technician program
• Current Washington State Veterinary Technician License is required
• A criminal background check will be required for all positions that handle controlled substances within our hospital
Essential Job Functions:
• Triage and emergency care of patients
• Critical evaluation and advanced nursing care of ICU inpatients
• Coordination with other members of the ER/ICU teams to ensure appropriate patient care
• Performing lab work and diagnostic imaging
• Anesthetic induction, monitoring and recovery
• All aspects of patient care, including pre-op and post-op care
• Accurate medical record keeping
• Identification of areas for improved delivery of care and support of care providers
• Improvement of workflow and processes throughout the hospital
• Work together with specialty department teams to provide seamless care of shared patients
• Accurate drug dosage calculations
• Understanding of physiology and pharmacology to give appropriate patient care
• Ability to provide both basic and advanced life support during a CPR event
• Ability to work in a changing environment
• Ability to communicate clearly and calmly in stressful situations
• Appropriate radiographic technique
• Venipuncture and intravenous catheter placement
• Enteral and parenteral medication administration
• Quarterly bonus program for all team members
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Health savings account
• Paid time off
• 401(k) with 3.5% company matching
• Wellness program for employee pets
• Discounted services
• Uniform allowance
• CE allowance
• Professional development assistance
• Employee assistance program
Do you have an interest in pursuing a VTS? If you wish to receive specialist level certification, we will provide you with advanced training and financially support that goal. You will receive a $1,000 bonus when you are invited to sit for the exam and a $4,000 bonus when you pass your exam. Once boarded, you should expect additional compensation. Once boarded, you will receive additional hourly rate compensation.
Join our movement to improve the lives of veterinary healthcare workers and work alongside some pretty amazing people. PSVSE was founded to offer people a place of employment where the support staff is as valued as the doctors. All employees at PSVSE are treated with respect regardless of title or position. We are devoted to building a workspace that integrates mindfulness and wellbeing and want to help you re-discover your professional purpose and passion for helping animals.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please reach out to us by sending your cover letter and resume to our Director of Nursing, Nicole Pambianchi, at firstname.lastname@example.org.