Animal Sounds Midwest is seeking a certified veterinary technician to fill the role of a mobile sonographer in the Quad Cities (Davenport, IA) and surrounding areas. Qualified candidates should have a minimum five years of work experience in a veterinary hospital, demonstrate involvement with administrative duties, and express an interest in small animal ultrasound. Prospective candidates should have a quest for learning and personal advancement and exhibit a professional, outgoing, enthusiastic personality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform studies on small animals in multiple clinics daily, often involving extensive traveling throughout the day.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with clients, teammates, and colleagues at all levels. Must be comfortable with communicating daily via email and Whats app.
- Assist in account management of clinics by organizing schedules, scheduling patients, and educating staff and veterinarians on testing modalities, procedures, and processes.
- Support and assist in the development of market growth strategies.
- Actively participate in monthly market and in-service sonography meetings.
- Independently troubleshoot issues in the field when they arise and deliver prompt solutions, requesting assistance when needed.
- Clean and maintain all clinical equipment.
- Complete and maintain required certifications, registries, and continuing education.
- Current veterinary technician license.
- Minimum five years of work experience.
- Holds previous or current managerial position in a veterinary hospital.
- Expresses an interest in ultrasound and/or imaging.
- Willing and able to travel for training.
- Ability to work independently and follow protocol.
- High attention to detail in fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to multitask effectively while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Demonstration of computer skills and the ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- A valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle for transportation of equipment, a reliable means of transportation, and an acceptable driving record.
If you are interested in applying for one of our open positions, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.